On Friday, September 16th, NASL shared that a bipartisan piece of legislation was introduced on Tuesday, September 13th, that would provide critical relief to providers scheduled to receive Medicare payment cuts under the proposed CY 2023 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (PFS). This is an urgent request as there is not much time left on the legislative calendar for this to be addressed and implemented by January 1st, 2023.
NASL has provided a letter to thoroughly and efficiently voice our advocacy through the link below:
The Supporting Medicare Providers Act of 2022 (H.R. 8800), would provide relief in two ways:
- Mitigate the cuts to the FY 2023 conversion factor through a 4.42% payment adjustment increase for CY 2023, offsetting the proposed 4.4% decrease
- Request future PFS reform to:
- Ensure financial stability and predictability in the Medicare physician payment system
- Promote and reward value-based care innovation
- Safeguard timely access to high-quality care by advancing health equity and reducing disparities
So the Point is: Advocacy is our most impactful opportunity to mitigate this additional pending payment reduction in the Part B fee schedule slated for January 1st, 2023. Please join us in expressing our unified concerns.