We have learned the CMS webinar registration for live viewing is now full – however, you can register to receive a notification once the recording becomes available. Please follow the link listed below.
CMS has opened registration for their Tuesday March 30th, 2021 Webinar titled SNF QRP: Achieving a Full APU. The purpose of the webinar is to educate providers on the APU process and to review the impact of the SNF QRP data in relation to the APU. This webinar will be covering the data submission requirements as well as the reconsideration process for providers who are identified as non-compliant.
www.cms.gov > Medicare > SNF-QRP
Measures are currently collected and submitted via the MDS 3.0 and Medicare Fee-For-Service claims.
SNF QRP Measures: (1-11 are being publicly reported)
- Percent of Residents Experiencing Falls with Major Injury (Long Stay) – (Data collection began 10/1/2016)
- Percent of LTCH patients with an admission and Discharge Functional Assessment and a Care Plan that Addresses Function (Data collection began 10/1/2016)
- Medicare Spending Per Beneficiary (Claims based measure – no additional data to be submitted by the SNF)
- Discharge to Community (Claims based measure – no additional data to be submitted by the SNF)
- Potentially Preventable 30-day Post Discharge Readmission (Claims based measure – no additional data to be submitted)
- Drug Regimen Review Conducted with Follow-Up for Identified Issues (Data collection began 10/1/2018)
- Changes in Skin Integrity (pressure Ulcer/Injury) – Replaced % of residents or patients with pressure ulcers that are new or worsened -short stay (Data collection began 10/1/2018)
- Functional Outcome Change in Self Care Score for Medical Rehabilitation Patients (Data collection began 10/1/2018)
- Functional Outcome Change in Mobility Score for Medical Rehabilitation Patients (Data collection… Same as above)
- Functional Outcome Discharge Self-Care Score for Medical Rehabilitation Patients (Data collection…. Same as above
- Functional Outcome Discharge Mobility Score for Medical Rehabilitation Patients (Data collection… Same as above)
- Transfer of Health Information to the Provider Post-Acute Care (Data collection TBD)
- Transfer of Health Information to the Patient Post-Acute Care (Data collection TBD)
NASL has shared that CMS asks for participants to please register only if you know you will be able to attend the webinar, as space is limited. If you would like your name placed on a list to receive an email notification when the recorded version of the webinar is available, please CLICK HERE to be placed on an email notification list.
Let’s Get to the Point:
These QRP measures not only impact SNF reimbursement through Annual Payment Updates but are also being publicly reported impacting our consumers and referral sources. CMS’ webinar should help provide clarity and potential opportunity to impact clinical and financial outcomes.